Restless Leg Syndrome
As many as one in twenty five people might suffer from restless leg syndrome or RLS. This condition interferes with sleep by causing symptoms of an antsy feeling or numbness and tingling in the feet and legs. Other common effects are jumpiness or thrashing of the legs. In the case of pregnant women the condition resolves when the baby is born. In others, the condition can linger and possible be caused by a deficiency of iron, zinc or folate. I have compiled a short list of steps you can take to ease the symptoms of RLS.
- Get blood tests to rule out iron based anemia.
- Take a high quality organic multivitamin.
- Avoid all forms of caffeine.
- Quit smoking.
- Start a regiment of light exercise. Not at night.
- Take: 1000 milligrams of calcium and 500 milligrams of calcium.
- Get chiropractic treatment to ensure proper nerve activity.
- If none of these give relief see an MD to rule out diabetes, thyroid disorder, kidney disease or arthritis. Drug treatments are available.